About a month ago, I finished planting our garden. Truth be told, I think this is the earliest I have managed to get everything in the ground in many years!
Yesterday I noticed some teeny tiny zucchini! It will still be several weeks before they’re ready to harvest, but they made me think of a recipe I found a few years ago, on one of my favorite blogs, Lil’Luna.
I love making this bread year-round. It’s delicious with tea, or as a dessert bread, and it makes a really nice housewarming treat. I must confess, in the winter, I sometimes have it for breakfast! Yum!
Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup buttermilk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB milk
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add lemon juice, buttermilk, and lemon zest. Blend all together.
- Fold in zucchini until it is mixed well.
- Add dry mixture and blend all together until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Make glaze and spoon over the bread. Allow the glaze set up before cutting and serving.
If you’re interested, you can find the original recipe here.